At the end of last year after Katja and I got engaged many of our friends said something like “How exciting, congratulations!”. My answer at the time was somewhat cryptic and surprising: “Thanks, it’s really great, but we are working on two other things which might turn out to be even more exciting…”
The first secret was our world trip, which started a week ago (yeah!!!) and which we will be describing in detail here.
And the second secret is that during the past six months Katja and I together with a very good friend of ours have been working hard on an internet start-up called 1001 Unforgettable Trips.
1001 Unforgettable Trips is our contribution to a better world. We help our readers find the right trip for them, organize it properly, have loads of fun and adventure along the way, then enjoy a safe return. We are so passionate about outdoor and world travel that we had to do something with our know-how and productive energy…
1001 Unforgettable Trips has four main content areas:
- Detailed trip descriptions to some of the world’s most exciting and least touristic attractions. We tell our readers where and when to go, how to get there, what to eat, where to sleep, what they’ll need and what they can leave at home. A list of do’s and don’ts and some personal thoughts round up each trip description.
- A list of travel challenges which motivates you to go out and try out new things, meet new people and experience nature to the fullest.
- A community of like-minded individuals.
- A blog with practical travel tips and equipment tests.
So from now on Katja and I have two platforms where we will post content:
- Photographically Curious (which you are reading right now) will be our personal blog documenting our travels and focusing on photography.
- 1001 Unforgettable Trips will be our commercial web page which focuses on sharing our know-how and teaching about travel.
Hope to see you there and please give us some feedback!
PS: If you love traveling, please fill out the reader survey.